This high-speed center drive allows growers to apply crop protectants uniformly and at the proper concentration directly through the pivot, reducing or eliminating many of the expenses of protectant application. The X-Tec high-speed can reduce labor, equipment rentals, and maintenance costs and moves four times faster than the X-Tec 136 and 10 times faster than the X-Tec 343. We’re an authorized Valley Irrigation dealer in Morgan, GA, providing high-quality parts and equipment.
- Ideal during germination: Frequent, light application maintains surface moisture during germination.
- Keep crops cool: A light mist creates a cooling canopy for high-value crops during the heat of the day.
- Avoid erosion: Proper moisture stops the loss of topsoil and prevents damage to leaves during early-stage crop growth.
- Simplify crop protection: Apply pesticides and fertilizer, reducing ground and aerial trips, as well as potential cross-contamination.
- Save time and money: Chemigate and fertigate quicker; avoid over-watering areas that don’t need it; use less water overall; and manage split crops more effectively.
- More efficient: FastPass technology delivers continuous movement, operating up to twice as fast as standard AC motors.
- Full torque: Advanced DC drive delivers full torque at any speed.
- Add strength: Steel gears provide more strength than powdered metal.
- Longer motor life: Aluminum finned housing runs 20° cooler for a longer motor life with no paint to chip, scratch or corrode.
- Less corrosion: Internally vented junction box prevents moisture and contaminants from corroding the wire connections.
- Durable: Crop guard protects shaft seals for extended life.
- Reliable: Integral pinion gear eliminates coupler and improves reliability.
- Quieter operation: Helical gears create more tooth contact than spur gears, providing more torque capacity and quieter operation.
Compare Our Drive-Trains
|Standard||X-Tec 136||X-Tec 343
|Motor Control Technology||Electrical Contactor||Variable Frequency Drive||Variable Frequency Drive
|Motor||Standard AC Motor||Inverter Duty High Speed AC Motor ||Inverter Duty High Speed AC Motor
|Center Drive Ratio||52: 1||40: 1 ||20: 1
|Center Drive RPM||34||136||343
|Lap time||16 hr||4 hr||1.5 hr
|Extra-large intermediate gear bearings
||Assure longer life
|25° tooth angles
||40% greater load capacity and wear resistance than other manufacturers’ 14 1/2º tooth angles
|Built-in crop guard over U-joint
||Prevents crop wrapping in or near oil seals
||Can be replaced independent of rotor and is held in place with corrosion-resistant, stainless steel bolts for easy maintenance
||Applied to internal surfaces to prevent corrosion
||Between housing components
|Finned aluminum housing
||For cool-running efficiency. Operates at temperatures 20° F (11° C) lower than comparable motors with steel housing because the Valley aluminum housing and fins dissipate heat more effectively. This doubles insulation life and increases motor life
|Case-hardened steel helical gears
||More teeth meshed at all times for smoother power transmission
||Easily accessible and extra large